We Care - Sustainability at Difrax
Sustainability is important to us at Difrax. We therefore continuously strive for the most sustainable packaging, materials and choices for our products. Our packaging contains as little plastic as possible. The window of the packaging is just large enough to view the product. Hygiene is guaranteed as the product is not touchable.
The best materials for your child and the environment
When choosing our (raw)materials, Difrax makes sure that safety and hygiene are put first with every product. We only choose the best materials for your baby and the planet. For the Anti-Colic S Bottle, we chose the most durable materials: polypropylene, silicone and borosilicate glass. For our pacifiers we only use polypropylene and silicone.
The Anti-Colic S-bottles and pacifier shields are made of polypropylene. Polypropylene is fully recyclable and 100% safe. The material is free from BPA and plasticizers. In addition to being recyclable, Polypropylene also has other advantages. It can withstand large temperature differences, is resistant to bacteria and fungi and can be sterilized with steam. Polypropylene also has a long lifespan so that the parts can be reused. In short; ideal for baby bottles and pacifiers.
The glass Anti-Colic S bottles are made of very strong and durable borosilicate glass. Borosilicate glass is made from 100% natural minerals and is lead and BPA free. This glass is lighter than normal glass and has a lower expansion coefficient. This means it can withstand large temperature differences and has an extra-long life. For these reasons, this type of glass is also used in laboratories. The bottles are impact resistant, lightweight and durable in use.
Our Anti-Colic S bottles and pacifiers also contain silicone parts. For example, the teat and bottom air valve of the Anti-Colic S bottle and the suction part of the pacifier are made of silicone. The production of natural rubber is chemically harmful to the environment. For this reason, Difrax consciously chooses the cleaner version: silicone. In addition there are other advantages of silicone over rubber.
The advantages of silicone
- Silicone is more hygienic. Due to the smooth material it is easy to clean.
- Silicone is odorless and tasteless. Rubber tastes and smells like rubber, making it less like the mother's breast, this can cause your baby to refuse breastfeeding.
- Silicone is allergy free. This is not the case for rubber, some children are allergic to rubber.
- Silicone is firmer. This provides more pressure for the palate and the increasingly strong jaws of your baby. This makes it less likely to tear than natural rubber.
- Silicones are more durable than rubber.
- Silicone can withstand sunlight, moisture, heat and cold. Natural rubber breaks down easily when exposed to heat and UV light.
Most of our products are produced in facotries with a social compliance certificate such as Amfort BSCI (Business Social Compliance Initiative). This way we can stimulate sustainable trade for both employees and the environment. We monitor, strengthen, involve and support our manufacturers. Through this support, the entire chain becomes increasingly more transparant and sustainable.